Re: Freight Trains to Return to Gippsland (Bairnsdale)

Mike Hunt <grimegrime@hotmail.com> said:

>I wonder if talks have begun between FA,BawBaw shire,and old Gippstown
>to remove both K class, and J550 for restoration to service as oil
>burners. Contractor WCR.
>Victoria world class leaders in producing the most modern steam engines
>in service.

Hey why not? R711 is a roaring success (pun intended) and so will R766 when
it comes back. Maybe Freight Australia should borrow R711 (with crew) to
run with it's broad guage shortage (: Could you imagine the Tocumwal goods
(conveniently passing my place at 11pm-ish) with an R leading an X or two?
Would certainly get a number of people out of bed for this spectacular
sight (nah, after the 38's came down I think the residents would be quite
sick of steam trains). (-:

>Ah Victoria

>"The place to be"

And when Denis Napthine said that it was "dull and boring", he must have
been looking at his own reflection in the windscreen (; (Okay, I heard this
one on Fox FM last week).

Regards

Michael