Re: ----The s-p-e-e-d of a train-----[ NSW]

Dave Proctor wrote:

> The V-set (the greatest train in Australia, btw) were cleared for XPT speeds
> (up to 140km/h) but only on the short north. This was a few years back, and
> not sure if they are still allowed to do this.

I posted a few years ago about the V set (TGTIA,BTW) I witnessed (sounds
better than "saw", doesn't it?) roaring through Mt Druitt station at at
least eighty miles-per-hours. Whooosh!

> A friend is a V-set (the greatest train in Australia, btw) driver, will find
> out when I see him next.

It's about time that someone made a V set (TGTIA,BTW) adulation site
(complete with Shockwave splash page) including testimonials &c. Go to
it, Erik.

> Dave

Rob K