internet timetable displays was countrylink timetable

Surely it would be easy enough to give the customer the choice: do you want
to see the full timetable sheet, or do you only want to know how to get from
A to B around 10am Wednesday?
Even when not in railfan mode, ie even when I simply want to go from A to B,
I find the 'search' style intensely irritating. You go through half a
movements and find that perhaps there isn't a convenient service around 10am
Wednesday at all. So when is there one? Or is another one faster? Repeat the
whole process. By contrast, scanning the timetable sheet takes a second. To
my mind, a classic case of mindlessly embracing an advanced technological
possibility without stopping to think about whether it gives a significant
benefit.
Geoff Dawson