Re OK Silly Question

As I recall, NG 830 class had to have their bogies rebuilt when the
Peterborough Division was standardised. This was partly why steam was
bought back as they could not be readily changed back.

The Bogie Cross member (transom?) had to be effectively welded into
place.

I remember watching 867 ( Quorn line unit) compared to its sisters on
the ready track when I worked at the Loco Depot in 1975, and there was
a very noticeable difference in the position of the sideframes
compared to the others. As for 867 itself, it was about the only unit
I never serviced while I was there so I can't tell you how crowded it
was under neath. 830's in general were fairly easy to climb around fro
brush canges etc.

HTH

Trevor Gibbs

>With the difference between Narrow Gauage and >standard
bogies....power bogies
>this is...is all the differnce in the separation of >the sideframe or
is some
>dif takenup by differing location (relatively) of >wheels on the
axle??