Re: OT: Steam Engine Museum

chris wrote...

>Unless Dorrigo has had a manpower and cash increase, the last time I heard
(about 1
>month ago was that 6042 still sits on LVV land. (still owned by council?).
Dorrigo
>pay rent to the land owners where 6042 sits.  Another group could still
legally
>aquire 6042 by offering to remove the loco quickly from its present
location and
>paying the council what Dorrigo paid for it and then getting the council to
refund
>Dorrigos money. After all, Dorrigo have had more that enough time to remove
this
>loco.So if any groups have a spare 50 grand it can be yours.

What a load of crap. Dorrigo owns 6042, and rents the land it is standing
on. It cannot be legally acquired by another group offering to remove it.
There is an agreement in place for the loco to stay where it is for the time
being. It will eventually be moved to Dorrigo. BTW, forget about a value of
$50,000. There have been offers of over 4 times that amount!

Trevor