Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones

Nihonga wrote:

> Are there any rules regarding Gurads using mobile phones while
> on duty?
> The other night I got off a train and walked past the guard
> trying to sell his car on his mobile.
> As I work in the city I see how people behave while walking, or
> driving, with mobile phones(they are all over the place.)
> I'm sure there would have a be a safety issue involved.
> Any comments?

Yes the Use of Mobile Phones is not to Interfere with Safe Working.
In particular Shunting or where you need control of what you are doing
and should not be distracted.

The Rail Access Corp has deemed that it is part of a Train Crews
normal duties to make use of a mobile phone provided it conforms
with the above.

On the Subjuct of the use of Mobile Phones from within a moving
train I can offer some technical advice.

You can certainly do it but don't expect it to work all the time
since you are sitting inside a big steel tube.

--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum