Re: Signal at high speed (was: Re: [NSW] Guards & Mobile phones)

Don't digital mobiles use a timing pulse to determine the distance of the
phone from the base station??
When the handset gets to a preset distance it disconnects if no alterate
base is available even if satisfactory signal strength remains. Maybe a
rapid variation in determination of distance to base is seen as an invalid
result with a subsequent autodisconnect. My digital drops out at about 32 km
from the base even though the base remains clearly visible and the signal
strength is more than adequate. This happens at several isolated sites with
high mountians nearby. You drive up into the hills and can see the base but
no service, move 200 metres down the road and full signal and service.
juacisgj21iscq4m3dstejka1mja36au4j@4ax.com">news:juacisgj21iscq4m3dstejka1mja36au4j@4ax.com...