Re: Down the Line

David McLoughlin <davemclAXETHIS@iprolink.co.nz> said:

>Why was the Warragul line de-electrified? I mean, it ran to the damned
>power stations down that way, so it is not as if there was a shortage of
>electricity.

Shortage of Liberal funding to fix up the overhead. It was considered
cheaper at the time do decomission electric services and begin bargain
basement (cost to Government, not price to Consumer) Bluebird services to
compensate. As anything else Jeff Kennett did, it turned out to be a sham
and looks to be costing more now, on account of the N+ACZ+BCZ (sometimes
BCZ+BCZ or ACZ+ACZ).

Regards

Michael