Re: Competative tendering in Track Maintenance abandoned.

Bruce Greening (bgreeni@attglobal.net) wrote:

> The NSW Govt. has anounced that competative tendering of track
> maintenance has been abandoned. This includes the Hunter Valley contract
> that was ready to be let, the tendering etc. procass being complete.

This could theoretically be in breach of national competition policy.
I suspect any aggrieved potential tenderers would find a sympathetic ear
at the ACCC. Even if there is no actual breach of the Act, the ACCC could
still strongly condemn the action.

Cheers
David