Re: [vic]minimum maintenance lines

I was visiting the Vietnam Veterans Club last Friday, which backs on to the
BG Bandiana line, it was definitely still there!
In fact I had to dampen one vets enthusiasm a little, when he told me how
they cross the line to get to the RSL, just down the road and across this
line. You see he had "saved his mates life" the other day, when he found him
sleeping on the line, and only minutes before the XPT was due. Yes it was a
nice try, but the gauge was wrong, and anyway, although the BG extends from
Wodonga to the Mt Beauty road still, it no longer enters Bandiana, nor does
it join the rest of the BG at Wodonga, it was disconnected about 18 months
ago.

--

Rod Young
http://hobsonmodelrail.rrdepot.com/