Re: [NSW] 1979 ESR Automatic Ticketing

"Jonathan Lau" <jonlau@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
392230A5.88D82863@ozemail.com.au">news:392230A5.88D82863@ozemail.com.au...

> 1) Who installed the ESR ticketing system?
They were manufactured by the American firm Western Cubic Data Corporation.

> 2) Why did it fall into "disrepair"?
I guess because it was not compatible with the rest of the network

> 3) When the system was removed?
The barriers disappeared shortly before the current barriers were installed
(at Edgecliff at least).  Priort to that I think they were used only for
entry (regardless of ticket....simply entered the stations through the
barriers).

The ticket vending machines are still stored at Edgecliff station, in the
"maintenance" at the City end of platform 1.