Re: City Rail R and S sets

> > This may have already been brought up before.....I was wondering if
there
> > are any plans to refit 3809 and a few of the other cars which have
sliding
> > windows with the hoppers.
I thought that cars refurbished prior to the CityCecker program (i.e. trial
cars) would be redone by Goninan very soon - perhaps hopper windows will be
retrofitted as part of this.

> > There are a few Comengs with sealed windows -
> > perhaps these are starting to replace some of the sliding windows?
This is a sector 2 thing - I think car C3055 has a few fixed panes in
replacing smashed or (more likely) kicked-out hopper frames.  You may also
see older sliding windows in place of damaged hoppers (a number of C sets
ran around like this recently).