Re: [NSW] Tangara D6126 is quiet...

Matthew Geier <matthew@mail.usyd.edu.au> said:

> The D Tangara cars do have a auxillary transformer above the cab. A lot
>of these suffer badly from lamination vibration, resulting in a loud
>50Hz hum. They used the cheapest transformer they could get that fitted
>the power handling spec it appears...

I was informed that the 50hz buzz coming from above the cab was actually
the static inverter... Can anyone confirm or deny this? Information came
when I questioned someone about the 4D making this buzz from above the cab
about a week or so ago, when it was stabled, live, at Bayswater in the wee
hours of a Sunday morning.

Regards

Michael