Re: Epping level crossing

In article <391FA82D.18323F15@tig.com.au>,
  Tony Gatt <baulko@tig.com.au> wrote:
> psssst.. look at Davids email address.. it says vic.edu.au..
MNIT, it's a merger of most of the TAFE in Northern subruban of
Melbourne

> Cooper Street is st the Down end of Epping (terminus) station in
Melbourne.
> Last I heard, there was arumor that services were to be resumed to
>Whittlesea.

A plan to reopen as far as South Morang which is included in this
year's Vic state budget, the extension indluded 1 stop at Mill Park.

It would be expensive to reopen to Whittlesea, most of the track is
removed and population beyond South Morang aren't that densy.

> The reservation is there all the way to Whittlesea (I drove next to
it last
> time I was in Melbourne).
>
> Would be nice to see trains return there, as South Morang indeed is
populated
> these days (and so is the space between it and Epping)
Will be back in 2003 as far as South Morang.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/