Re: [NSW] Penrith Station/problem with a Vset?

neety

You were catching a CityRail train?

Seriously, it sounds like there was a problem with the down service due into
Penrith at 1050. Maybe it was sent to the yard and came back to platform 2.
However, I have heard of switches occurring between up and down V sets at
Penrith where the driver thinks the down V can't make it to the destination
via the mountains but can make it back to Central. The empty train from Emu
Plains could have also been the crew training train that we have spoken of.

The major reasons for locked carriages I think are either smashed window/s
or rough riding (flat spots etc) on the car.

If anyone knows more, feel free to put neety out of her misery.

--
Eric
http://www.erk.au.com