[NSW] Penrith Station/problem with a Vset?

Hello.

I arrived at Penrith station at 11.15 this morning to get the 11.33 V
set to Sydney. There was a V set terminated on Platform 1. The
passengers from that train were waiting on Platform 2 for another
service.
At 11.21 a V set arrives from Emu Plains empty on Platform 2. This train
is announced as "First stop Emu Plains, then all to Lithgow". The first
carriage (Kingswood end) was locked.

Anyone know what was wrong with the other V set? I assume some sort of
mechanical problem?

Anyway, the 11.33 (V22) which normally arrives on Platform 2 arrives on
platform 1. This service is running 10 mintues late by the time we get
to Westmead (arr. 12.04) I think we crossed to the West Suburban after
Westmead, because we went thru the tunnels and arrived on platform 3 at
Parramatta (12.08) and platform 3 at Granville (did not stop) at 12.11.
We arrived at Strathfield at 12.23 (should be at Central by then).
Finally arrived on platform 9 at Central (12.36, 13 mins late).

NR58 (in SteeLink colours) was in Sydney Yard ready for the IP.
Also, 8033/8007 at St Mary's goods sidings heading East bound AND 4884
in the Up Yards at Clyde.

Anyone know why we were late getting to Central?

Thanks,

Anita

--
Anita Lukaszyk