Re: National Express financing news.

GATX will finance 59 state-of-the-art COMBINO light
> rail vehicles (trams) and 62 three-car electric multiple unit (EMU)
suburban
> trains.  There will be two versions of the COMBINO trams for use on
routes
> in
> Melbourne with differing traffic densities.

Usual Combino have 5 carriages, I wondered how are they going to fit
into the short section between Swanston/Franklin and Victoria PDE as
well as the round about near Royal Melbourne Hospital.

Maybe they will shorten to 2 carriages for less demanding routes.

>Siemens AG, a world-class
> provider of passenger rail vehicles, will provide the equipment in
these
> first two financings.  The vehicles will be built in Germany and
>Austria.
Siemens have no workshop AFAIK, will they be assembly in Preston??

 > Jesse Crews, president and CEO of GATX Capital said, "This
transaction is a
> significant success for GATX's' efforts in the international rail
arena. The
> complex and ground-breaking Victoria rail privatization process
provided
> another opportunity for us to combine our finance and structuring
skills
> with
> solid rail asset and industry expertise in an innovative way."  He
added,
> "The knowledge and experience GATX has gained from 23 years of
operations in
> Australia was a key ingredient in recognizing this opportunity and
> appropriately applying the lessons learned from our participation in
rail
> privatizations elsewhere in the world.  We are confident that similar
> opportunities will arise in other markets."
How about help out with GSR's Overland???

 --
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/