Tram Classes [Was Re: National Express financing news.]

This is the first I've heard about there being two different types of tram on
order for Natex.

I wonder if we can expect the long established Melbourne tramcar classification
scheme to continue under private ownership.  If so, I suppose we can expect
these to be classes 'C' (Combino!) and 'D', or possibly 'C' and 'C1'.

How will the class codes be divided between the two new owners - first in best
dressed?  What will the numbering sequence be?  Will we see concurrent numbering
systems like we had with the fragmented systems prior to formation of the MMTB?

All of this is of absolutely no significance of course - but all true tram
gunzels will be on tenterhooks waiting for answers.

Mark Bau wrote:

> GATX Capital Corporation to Provide $411 Million in Financing for National
> Express

snippety snip

There will be two versions of the COMBINO trams for use on routes in Melbourne
with differing traffic densities.

chop