Re: Ballast hoppers from US (was: Re: Freight wagons from China)

There VFT still needs approval from the NSW govt, and they are not very happy with
the speedrail group. I recall the Transfield proposal was the NSW govt's prefered
operator. So unless Bob Carr gives the okay (unlikely - for political and
financial reasons - I think speedrail want $3 billon in tax concessions), the line
won't go ahead. After all, why build a expensive line like that to a big country
town. Apart from that, I heard that leightons have very few staff working on the
project.(mostly PR people - one or two I recall)

Chris