Re: [Global] Trains in TV ads

(Followups redirected out of aus.rail)

"yuk" <yuk@off.com> wrote in message
news:CNOS4.9551$X4.19525@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Oh right, so because you're in favour of  "in your face" advertising means
> have to accept some bloody great
> franger being jammed in my 3 year olds face. Bzzzt sorry, my vote goes
with
> the Brown Family
> on this one. It's like all the no hopers "exchanging" their needles which
> they then discard uncapped near
> my kids school. You take a bunch who are already at risk and then to
reduce
> the risk to them you start spreading
> that risk to a bunch of kids who were at no risk at all until all these
> "exchanged" needles started coming over the school
> fence.

Exchanged needles I agree with you on. If they hand one in, they get one
back, if they hand five in, they get five back, if that hand none in, they
get none back.

But people have to realise that it is a changed world we live in, and even
my sister is teaching her son (aged 8) about some of the dangers in the
community (used condoms, used syringes, etc). Children who are too young to
understand what a condom is used for won't understand it when they see the
tram going past, and those who are old enough to understand are probably the
age group that should be targetted with the message of safer sex. Having a
tram as a moving billboard with a condom displayed on the side *could* be a
powerful way of promoting life-saving messages (provided that that is what
it was doing, rather than promoting a particular brand of condom).

Dave