Re: [NSW] Derail near Orange

I only just got down to have a look today. It appears that an early morning
Up Manildra freight derailed at Orange East Fork at 0440 Tuesday. The single
81 class with 16  loaded conatiner flats apparently passed the signal at
stop near the OEF signal box and was subsequently derailed by the catch
points. A number of the rail wagons were also derailed with the loco
remaining on its wheels in the gravel and mud next to the line. Work is
still continuing in regard to rerailing the loco, with cranes not being able
to get into the locality due to overhead wires which supply the Cadia Gold
Mine.

Late this afternoon it appears that the loco (8149) is just about back on
the tracks with an 80 class standing by to assist in the work. I can't see
OEF being opened for traffic until Thursday morning, however, trains still
have access to the line to Parkes utilising west fork. I don't know if 3SP7
came this way or went via the South or if WL2 or if 2PS7 will go that way
either.

Michael Ostrowski
Orange