Re: SRA/Countrylink Outback Explorer

"James C." <james_ccj@my-deja.com> wrote in message
8f6ehg$280$1@nnrp1.deja.com">news:8f6ehg$280$1@nnrp1.deja.com...

> There are some spare  MK2 ex-intercity stocks hanging around
> UK,also "Euronight star " stocks (133 of them) currently unused and
> owned by V/line!!!(National express) Can XPT power car hauls MK3
> carriages??

I suggested the NightStar stock a while back, and was laughed at! They are
very heavy, and use a hell of a lot of train power (too much for a class 92
running off the third rail, although the same class 92 running off 25KV AC
can cope).

I think these cars are probably over-engineered for this run though.

Dave