Re: Driver only operation (was: 4D (again))

trainman@ozemail.com.au (David Johnson) wrote in
<39157B74.F000CC93@ozemail.com.au>:

>> As for the V/S/K/C sets, our Hitachi and Comeng trains had enclosed
>> drivers, most were opened up with the removal of the door between the
>> guards area and the drivers area and some of the wall was also
>> removed.
>
>That wall holds all of our 120V and 240V circuit breakers.

Easily moved.

Would I be correct in assuming that Sydney are lagging behind Melbourne by
about 8 years? If I recall correctly, Melbourne's system was inefficient
and chaotic. DOO and privatisation fixed that. Sydney has a lot that can be
rationalised (Remember they said Jolimont Yard couldnt be done??) and it
looks like guards might be one of the things to go.

Michael