Re: [NSW] State of Origin

<eikkert@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8f2r5q$auj$1@nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <3913f417$0$31506@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
>   "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> wrote:
> > Some high peak services to be cancelled Wednesday night to make way
> for the Olympic Park Metro to
> > run every 2.5 minutes from Sydney Central to Blacktown.
> >
> > All "Cumberland Line" trains to be cancelled after 12.43pm (I assume
> 12.43pm is the last "cumberland
> > line" train out of Merrylands heading for St. Mary's)
> >

> Barry O'Farrel is complaining about the non-use of 24 carruages and
> cancelled trains today. He was ranting about a lack of forward planning.
> Was it the Liberal-Greiner government that cut the Tangara programme
> (and what turn out to be the DKM/DKT cras) by about 100 carriages?

They decided they needed more cars for Interurban runs, but rather than
order more, they amended the order for Tangaras so that the last 80 cars
were outer-suburban cars. If they had left it as it was, and ordered more
interurban cars, we might be marginally better off now. Only marginally
though, as I seem to recall that the plan to withdraw the Tulloch trailers
was moved back a few years, so if things had gone to plan, we would probably
have close to the same number of cars as now, only the average age would be
lower.

Dave