Re: QR tilt train

In article <ckyQ4.44$j%1.1756@nsw.nnrp.telstra.net>,
  "Ron Bennell" <bennell@microed.com.au> wrote:
> I was at the QR test at Meadowvale on May 25 1999.
>
> The QR claim was based on:
> * The South African loco was specially prepared for the trial;
> the Tilt Train tested (Units 303 and 304) had no "go fast"
preparation - it
> came out of regular service two days before, was instrumented the day
> before, and ran normal the timetabled service the following day.
>
> * A rep from one of the Tilt Train equipment suppliers flew here for
the
> test.  I spoke to him on the test site that day, and he claimed that
this
> trial was of importance to his company because none of their narrow
gauge
> trains in Japan had approached the 210kph achieved on the test runs.
>
> Ron
I think JR WestJapan always wants to run 250kph passenger train on its
pricipal line but never became relaity. Strictly speaking I haven't
found a narrow gauge EMU train tops speed of 210 kph. QR's tilt train
maybe the fastest narrow gauge EMU train in the world.
--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/