Re: [NSW] 3801 this weekend?

"Al Barrett" <ajbarrett@hunterlink.net.au> wrote in message
39118894$1@news.hunterlink.net.au">news:39118894$1@news.hunterlink.net.au...

> intercity
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it have been easier to say DD electric train with a blue (or
> > > whatever) name plate with a V on it????
> >
> > That would have told him nothing about the train. I have no idea where
the
> > original poster lives, but they are clearly interested in developing
their
> > knowledge of railways. Your suggested answer would have been no better
> than
> > someone asking what a Comeng train was in Melbourne and you saying
"trains
> > built by Comeng".
>
> Yeah ok..... maybe.... but the obvious should also be noted (the set ID
> plate on the front and back)

I saw a K set today without any targets on it - does the fact it does not
have targets mean it is not a K set? It is not the target with a V on it
that makes it a V set, it is the type of carriage and its usage.

> > > And.... the CPH railmotor is the best train in Australia so don't kid
> > > yourselves.
> >
> > Your basis for this statement?

> 1. Well you can see out the front "drivers seat view"

What does that have to do with comfort levels for the journeys that they
were intended to make?

> 2.And you aren't insulated from the world by half inch thick glass and a/c
> (though it could be good on a hot day, once you get going its not really
> that different) and you soon forget about that once the 1st point becomes
> interesting

THat is a gunzel talking. Most people who use trains to get from point A to
point B would rather it was a V-set (the greatest trains in Australia, btw)
than a CPH.. Most of us gunzels would probably prefer a CPH or a Tait, but
the railways are not here to satisfy us, are they, they are here to carry
people who need to travel.

> And theres plenty more but I won't continue
>
> > > and I bet most of you would prefer to run from Newcastle to Sydney in
> CPH
> > > than a V set.
> >
> > Depends on the time of the year, the time of the day, etc. And there are
> > only two people on the CPH who would be happy, the rest would be wanting
> > their seats.
> >
> um 40 (or so) seats in a CPH

But only two are next to the driver.

> and time of day.... just leaving gosford (example) at 5pm wanting to get
> home and theres a blackout.... lol.
> year.... preferably a year when theres more than 2 of the whole class
> accredited for mainline running.
>
> I can see I've dug myself into a hole here... lol

LOL

In the middle of summer, in the middle of the day, give me a V-set (the
greatest trains in Australia, btw) anyday to anything that is not
air-conditioned.

If you want to start introducing stock that was not designed for that sort
of running, I would not mind the GSPE diner to go from Central to Penrith -
just enough time for a rushed dinner en route.

Dave