Re: [NSW] 3801 this weekend?

> > > A V-set (the greatest train in Australia, btw) are the double deck
intercity
> > > cars that began life as interurban cars, and operate from Sydney to
> > > Newcastle, Lithgow and Dapto, and places in between.
> >
> > Wouldn't it have been easier to say DD electric train with a blue (or
> > whatever) name plate with a V on it????
>
> That would have told him nothing about the train. I have no idea where the
> original poster lives, but they are clearly interested in developing their
> knowledge of railways. Your suggested answer would have been no better
than
> someone asking what a Comeng train was in Melbourne and you saying "trains
> built by Comeng".

Yeah ok..... maybe.... but the obvious should also be noted (the set ID
plate on the front and back)

> > And.... the CPH railmotor is the best train in Australia so don't kid
> > yourselves.
>
> Your basis for this statement?
1. Well you can see out the front "drivers seat view"
2.And you aren't insulated from the world by half inch thick glass and a/c
(though it could be good on a hot day, once you get going its not really
that different) and you soon forget about that once the 1st point becomes
interesting

And theres plenty more but I won't continue

> > and I bet most of you would prefer to run from Newcastle to Sydney in a
CPH
> > than a V set.
>
> Depends on the time of the year, the time of the day, etc. And there are
> only two people on the CPH who would be happy, the rest would be wanting
> their seats.

um 40 (or so) seats in a CPH
and time of day.... just leaving gosford (example) at 5pm wanting to get
home and theres a blackout.... lol.
year.... preferably a year when theres more than 2 of the whole class
accredited for mainline running.

I can see I've dug myself into a hole here... lol

AL