Re: [NSW] 42203 this morning

In article <8elhf4$on5$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
  neety@my-deja.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On my way into town this morning on the 07:56 (ex Penrith V set) I saw
> what I think was 42203 (I was half asleep at the time) and 3 silver
> single deck carriages between Stanmore and Newtown. This would have
been
> about 08:40 or so.

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) these carriages are AK inspection cars
as it was timetabled to inspect the Main Lines during weekdays in May
starting today Tuesday 2/5/2000 (I don't have the dates or info with
me as I'm at uni). Some interurban/Countrylink trains will therfore go
on surburban lines during off peak hours in the day..

> It wasnt SL15 (the Griffith train) was it?

No, as it normally run via East Hills on weekends.

> If it was, doesn't it usually have the red sleeper carriages on it as
well?

Red painted passenger economy cars (2) - no sleepers. And is usually
timetabled today (not any more) to do an Sydney - Orange run at (15:47 -
I think).

Cheers.
Danny Mok
fordghia@ozemail.com.au