Re: mel-syd train question

"andrei" <andrei@ausisp.com> wrote in message
news:8ehetr$2p75$1@news1.wire.net.au...
> I've just booked a '$98 return adult ticket' travelling to Sydney from
> Melbourne.  Part of the deal is that I have to pay within 48 hours and the
> ticket is non-refundable and non-transferable.  Also, the deal only
applies
> for travel from Spencer St to Central.
>
> Question: Does the train stop at Cambelltown up and down? I'd like to get
> off there.  It's not a problem, if it misses up, because I can just catch
> suburban back to Cambelltown.  I don't want to be standing at Cambelltown,
> and see my Melbourne bound train fly past.
>
> Does it stop at C-town?  Or does the guard check his list to see if there
> are any passengers booked to get on at the station, and then make the call
> to the driver?

The Sydney - Melbourne XPT's definitely stop at Campbelltown, so getting off
there will not be a problem. Getting on will not be a problem either,
although if there are double bookings, your seat *may* be reallocated after
Strathfield if you have not shown up - given it is off-peak (hence the
reason for the low fares) this is unlikely though.

Dave