Re: Is this the steepest adhesion worked (model) railway in the world?

Lambing Flat wrote:

> Derick Wuen wrote:
>
>> (1) Guiness Book of Rail Facts and Feats has steepest adhesion grade
>> as 1 in 11 on Chamonix between Servoz and Chedde (France).
>>
>> Might have to re-measure the Middle road!  ;-)  Can't have the
>> French taking all the glory!
>>
>>   (2) If this was an Olympic event I'm sure Lambing Flat's little
>> Krauss would be disqualified under equipment rules for adhesion
>> working.... LGB rubber tyres seem to me to be in the same league as
>> sprung shoes for high jumpers or flotation suits for swimmers. On
>> the other hand, I bet they have the sanders going full time on the
>> Chamonix 1 in 11!
>>
>> Would it help your sense of fairness to assume that RVR No 1's
>> rubber tyre is the small scale equivalent of sanders?  :-)
>
> It will all be academic anyway, once the Top Points deviation is
> complete!

I should lobby for a preservation order on the middle road to ensure it
is still there for countless ourdoor enthusiatst to enjoy - create a
society to run the middle road.

But on the other hand good luck on the deviation - will it give a longer
run ?

Regards,
David Head