Re: [MELB] Highpoint tram track works

James C. wrote:

> In article <8eghbm$fl9$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   Vaughan Williams <ender2000@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Hmmm... don't know about Highpoint, people going there can always
> > change to the #82.
> It's a long walk(500m IIRC), ok on the way there, no fun if you brough
> lots of stuff on the way back:-)
>
> > PTUA wants the #57 extended along Milliera Rd to better serve its
> > catchment population in Avondale Heights and East Keilor. There is no
> > firm proposal, but someone should prepare one.
> That area has got huge population but poor public transport. 57
> extension would be a good idea.
>
> > How about (And this is brainstorming, not a serious policy) extending
> > it to Avondale Heights and then looping it back along Buckley St to
> > Essendon?
> That's a long and rounded way isn't it??
>
> --
> Cheers
>
> James
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.
The proposal to extend the 57 to Avondale heights has been around for
decades. In fact inside Essendon depot there is an old union banner that
calls for the extension, its about 20 years old.

I would not hold your breath, it takes a long time for anything to
change in the tramways - that inculdes the new private operators.