Re: [NSW] Disgust: Pacific School Games

The Railway Rasputin II wrote in message
<38E48C04.3435E874@fastlink.com.au>...
>An inspector once told me that to get anyware on the railways you needed
>to be in one or more of the following:
>Cathloic
>Labor Party
>or a Mason.
>Now historicaly speaking catholics and Labor party went hand in hand.
>I wonder if this had something to do with it. :-)

But historically, Catholics were forbidden to be Masons.

More likely you had to know someone or, even better, be related to someone
to get anywhere. Having some talent helped, but unfortunately the view of
talent was generally that the more of a bastard you were, the better you
were.

Barry Campbell

ex NSWGR and PTC of NSW