Re: [NSW] Numbers on Signals

Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
38e2fbb2$0$27930@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au">news:38e2fbb2$0$27930@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au...
> NS cannot be north shore as it shows up at Platform 5 Strathfield, and
also on the Northern
> line--the track that intercity and normal trains use. The other track that
slower suburbans use (to
> be overtaken by intercity services) has N.

Hubert, I think I am confused already in the Main Northern Line as well as
Western Line!!! In the Main Northern Line from (Strathfield to Hornsby) am I
right to say that N means that the track that intercity and (express) normal
trains use? While the NS means slower (local) suburbans use (to be overtaken
by intercity services)? I think your description of the running on the Main
Northern Line is opposite to mine?

In the Western Line, M (Main) becomes WS (West Suburban) and S (Suburban)
becomes WM (West Main) vise-versa at Granville which I don't understand why
the change of line name in the same track (even though they have a flyover
between Parramatta and Westmead that converts the up-down-up-down to
up-up-down-down running vise-versa)? Any ideas?

Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page