Re: [Melb] New Timetables (VLP summary included)

In article <8bsr8t$kj4$1@mulga.cs.mu.OZ.AU>,
cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au (Christopher_Martin GORDON) wrote:
> : Good to see more trains to Craigieburn, a long time coming,
although it's
> : surprising they're running them to Donnybrook. Unless Donnybrook has
> : changed in the time I've been away from Melbourne (about 5 years) I
wouldn't
> : have thought there'd be a demand for pass services to Donnybrook.
There are lots of new real estate going on near Donnybrook and
Cragieburn area, I think Northern suburban is one of the fastest
growing area in Melbourne, luckly railways well serving most of the
fast development area, unlike a portion of the Eastern suburban have to
rely on road completely.

> Well the crossover at Craigieburn was removed years ago, so the
sprinter will
> have to run to Donnybrook to change lines anyway, so why not take
passengers?
> (there is one return working from Donnybrook that runs empty to
Craigieburn)

> For the complete list of changes (from VLP) have a look at:
> http://www.railpage.org.au/vicsig/general/new-services.pdf (342 Kb
PDF file)

> Note "1530 Donnybrook to Spencer Street Train" DOES stop at
Craigieburn.

--
Cheers
James