Re: Pboro Stn News,Police Escort 28th.

 > Going off on a totally different tangent here, I would be interested to
> know where the term "paddy wagon" came from. It seems to be a term used in
> any state other than Victoria. In Victoria the term "divvy van" is used
> (which means 'divisional van').

I think the term came from the UK, and my guess is that you can substitute
"Irish" for "Paddy".
If I was going to hazard a guess as to when it was first used, i would
probably say about Easter 1915.
(Irish independence from the UK).

I don't much more than that - they don't teach much history nowadays :-(

--
John McCandless
Never play leapfrog with a unicorn...