Re: (NSW) Set classification

Jonathan Boles wrote:

> But what about more obscure letterings? eg. S, K, R, even V or G.
>

> > The current bet is that the 4GT's will be M sets.
>
> 'Millenium' trains.

Well, there are theories behind these letters. They could be the truth
or they could of just picked a letter.
S is the standard set that I do know. No frills.

Now we go down the theory, myth and rumour section. If anyone knows the
the reason pls tell me.

R..... some one told me years ago that it was for Restricted use. Ie 6
car block and unable to attach to s sets for good reason (10 car train)
or devide. Sounds plausable.

V.....U being for interurban the V sets came after the U sets and V
comes after U. Sounds like the logic they use in the railways.

These next 2 sound off even for railways and once again pls tell me the
real reason if anyone knows.

G Good sets (I know its corny wait to you seen K)

K sets because they are air K onditioned.

rgds