Re: CPC Barclay 0-6-0t at Dorrigo

chris@enet21.com.au wrote...

<<Apparently some time ago ex CPC Barclay 0-6-0T was transfered to Dorrigo.
What are the  plans for this loco, I heard it was the intention when at
Orange that is was to be restored operational condition, do Dorrigo intend
to steam it?. Who now owns it,  It was sitting partly  dismantled at the
roundhouse at Orange last time I saw it, is it still in this condition at
Dorrigo?.>>

DSRM purchased this locomotive in 1997. It has been transported to Dorrigo
and is now on the future static display site. The locomotive was painted in
red primer at Orange, and so has only required some basic weatherproofing at
Dorrigo. At present it is intended that the locomotive will be a static
exhibit. There are numerous steam locomotives at Dorrigo which are in far
better condition. When tourist trains eventually start running the most
likely motive power will be 3046.

Trevor