Re: [Melb - Trams] Route 86 extension

In article <38DF076E.FD3C7DB8@werple.net.au>,
Roderick Smith <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote:
> The extension of route 86 to La Trobe St at Footscray Rd was in force
from the
> first tram of Sun.26.3.
>
> Steven Hurst wrote:
>
> > This morning I ventured into the city and rode the Route 86
> > tram to Docklands, Is this the first day of running?? Either way,
the
> > drivers were quite flustered, having to still get out at the
Bourke/Spencer
> > and Spencer/Latrobe intersections to change the points manually, and
> > activate the traffic signals.
>
> Regards
> Roderick B Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
This morning when I drove through RMIT Bundorra East Campus(where 86
terminates) I saw 2 trams with destination showed "Colonial Stadium"
rather then "Spencer Street". I think the recent Yarra tram timetable
changes might included such extension in the new timetable.

Is it possible to get to the Stadium quicker by catch a Latrobe
Street tram(city circle) at the corner of Spring Street and Victoria
Parade. (Rather then long way round via Bruke Street?)

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/