Re: Vic Rail Improvements ?

In article <mdaly.394.00148DAB@pcug.org.au>,
mdaly@pcug.org.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:
> This info taken from Rail 2000s newsletter.
> A couple of Vic rail improvements which are apparantly being
considered
> by the Bracks Govt are.
>
> $4.5 M for std guage sidings at Geelong,mainly for the grain loop. (A
good
> idea.)
Is this part of the plan to standarlise Geelong port?

> Standardization of some more BG lines.
> Apparantly there is $40 M available from a fund called the
> Regional Infrastructure Development Fund, (anyone know what this is?)
which lines?

> Projects include Mt Gambier, (I presume this means Heywood to
Snuggery) and
> more interestingly the conversion of the existing BG line from Seymour
> Benalla and Yarrawonga to SG.
This makes sense, such project would give more capacity, but what about
those high speed DMU soon to be introduce to Albury service?? maybe
Adtranz should prepare SG bogies for them.  How about some money to
straigten the line, cut those 90kph curves?

--
Cheers
James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/