Re: [Melb - Trams] Route 86 extension

>It is appalling that there are no auto points and traffic light
>transponders at such busy intersections used by so many routes. What
>fuckwit overlooked those when the extension was planned?

The right turn into Spencer street from Bourke Street was put in for
the City Circle tram when it was based at South Melbourne Depot (it
went up Kings Way/William Street, turned into left intoBourke Street
and then right into Spencer Street)

As the track was only used 4 times every morning & 4 times every
night, so I assume they didn't think it was worth the expense.

When South Melbourne was closed in 1996 the track was not used for
regular service.