Re: [VIC] Today's SteamRail and Sail tour

I thought that the indefatigable James was videocapturing the ferry in the
morning: somewhere off Lara the captain stated that there was a boy [buoy?]
in the water, and did a complete 360 degree turn around it.  This was a
floating ring, apparently thrown from 'Victoria Star' / 'Lady McKell' as
part of a safety drill.

James Brook wrote:

> I photographed this train near Werribee (approx 1718) and I also got a
> video from the car where the line parallel's the freeway (no, I wasn't
> driving! :-) ) The loco was D3 639 and the consist from Geelong was 1BCE
> - BE - ABE - ABE - BE - BE. D3 639 had the new Steamrail headboard. On
> the video I have, it looks like the taildisc on the front of D3 639 was
> open. Was this just an error?

The trip was enjoyed greatly by all, including many who haven't been on a
Steamrail trip before.  The owner/operator of 'Victoria Star' is a marine
enthusiast, and was happy to show off the features of the ferry to all
passengers.

--
Regards
Roderick B Smith