Re: (NSW) Set classification

Jonathan Boles wrote:

> What determines the letter used for sets (R/S/K/C etc.)? Is there some kind of
> system for deciding which letter to use or is it just arbitrarily chosen? Can
> anyone give me a list of all past set types?

No all but a few

B "red rattler" sets attached to Punchbowl MC (Bankstown)
C "chopper" sets. First ones fited with Chopper control and not cam.
F "red rattler" sets attached to Flemington MC
G Outer Suburban Tangaras
H "red rattler" sets attached to Hornsby MC
K Later step from s sets, the first ones with Air con
L 2 car L sets sometimes refered to as "wheel barrows"
M Single/double deckkers sets the were attached to Mortdale but later
went everywhere. No power doors.
NC Newcastle 2 and 3 cars S sets (no longer used)
R 6 car s sets
S sets the "standared" double decker sets.
T First used on S sets but gave way for Tangaras
U Single decker inter U rban sets often refered to as "U boats"
V Double decker interurban. (well they came U)
W single/ double decker with power doors.
Y 3 car red rattlers used on the Carlingford line.

There are more but can't remember them.

rgds