Re: [NSW] Automated "Stand clear, doors closing"

The Railway Rasputin II wrote:

> What do you want to know?
> Most of the Surburban non Tangara roling stock has been done but is not
> "turned on".
>
> My question is, for anyone that has been on these trial cars, how does
> it go and did it delay the train at each station whilst the thing went
> through its paces?

I lost 6 minutes between Bondi and Redfern in the afternoon peak.  The reason
being that I press the "Doors Close" button when it is clear for the doors to
close.  By the time it makes the announcement and has its delay, many passengers,
ignoring the whistle and the announcements, start boarding the train.  This means
that the Open button needs to be pressed to prevent them from getting caught in
the doors.  This procedure repeats a number of times until you get lucky enough to
close the doors safely.

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au