Re: Robina-Coolangatta extension "essential"

>The sensible thing would have been for the line from Brisbane to theGold Coast to have been built to dual >guage and the Murwillumbah lineextended to connect. Then Countrylink could have operated both XPT's >to and from Brisbanevia the Gold Coast.A taxi would suffice for any Kyogle passengers.After all the >population base is the Gold Coast.

How would you get the XPT past the Brisbanes surbanban platforms, insn't to wide? Anyway, where is the demand, one person
has already commented that 5 buses got to the coast and 1 to Brisbane.

The best thing is XPT to Coolangata via Tweed and other populated centres to maximise traffic and provide a route for the
Gold Coast line, which will be the life blood of the line., If Southeners want to go to Brisbane they catch the Brisbane train.
But it is unlikely that much will be done to bring the XPT further north that way because and I think this has been forgotten,
it is only one train per day, not even two would warrant such capital works.

Shane