Re: Melbourne Ticketing System

Michael Kurkowski wrote in message
<8F0184FA7telstraNews@vic.news.telstra.net>...

>Cityrail's ticket machines also have a 'top-up' option. Insert your half-
>used or used ticket, it will ask you to tender the amount of that ticket,
>enter money, then voila, you get nice shiny (!!) new ticket that has the
>full value of the equivilent new ticket + the remaining value of your
>current ticket.

This is one of the best features of the machines - the time it saves is
something that you have to see to fully appreciate.

>Not all is rosy with the Cityrail ticket machines however. You can only
>insert notes one way, particularly bad if the sticker indicating which way
>to insert your notes has been ripped off or vandalised. You can only insert
>10 coins at a time. What if you wanted to go from Goulburn-Scone return and
>had only (very many, admittedly) 5 cent coins? Cityrail ticket machines
>also don't sell every ticket. Ever tried to buy a Dayrover from one?

Another problem is when there is a group of people, all doing the same
journey, therefore all wanting the same ticket. They have to buy their
tickets one at a time.

It would be handy to have a facility whereby you tell the machine that you
want 7 adult tickets and 3 child tickets, it calculates the total fare, you
enter the total fare, and it will then spit out 10 tickets in one
transaction.

>(See, I don't *always* turn NSW posts into Victorian posts!) (:

LOL! You managed to turn a Victorian one into a New South Wales one!
Careful, they might revoke your Mexican passport.

<g,d,r>

Dave