Re: [Vic] Fast (160km/h) Train to country Vic.

james_ccj@my-deja.com won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> In article <sNcC4.981$_Q.447061@news0.optus.net.au>,
> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) wrote:
> > L & D (daisyw@ozemail.com.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by
> writing:
> > > Does anyone know of any trials of trains running at and around 160km
> per hour in
> > > Victoria in the past 25 years???
> >
> > A85 and the H set with Socimi bogies out west of Ararat.
>
> When did this happen??

>From memory it was about 1989 or thereabouts, but I'm working from a vague
memory here.

BTW, when did LH33 lose the Socimi bogies? Three sets of bogies were
bought for the protptypes of the proposed R cars (ACR, RBR, BR) to replace
the S and Z cars. The drawings of the R cars looked a bit like Overland
cars externally, but were more closely related to a hybrid of N sets and
XPT trailers.

Cheers
David