Re: [Melb, Aust] More public transport upgrades

> $10 million for public transport out of $1.5 BILLION on roads and
maybe
> ports does not look a great improvement to me. It's not even 1 per
cent
> of the road budget.
Better then nothing......Public transport are relatively cheap to
upgrade anyway compare with highways.

> The $800,000 for a bus stop at Hopper's Crossing eulogised by the
> article consumes almost a tenth of the allocation for public
transport.

> It must be a new record though, an $800,000 bus stop.
I think that includes interchange as well.

> Here where I live, the council just sticks a $20 metal "bus stop" sign
> on a handy power pole.
What? that dirty yellow "thingy" cost 20$???  I can get one for free
from Otahuhu scarp metal yard!

--
Cheers
James