Re: [Melb, Aust] More public transport upgrades

On Thu, 23 Mar 2000 00:19:18 +1100, "John  Wayman"
<trecker@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

>Sale price of Waverley Park stadium for housing will probably be increased
>by planned rail extension, lucky AFL.
>
>Is that the reason it has been mentioned?

I don't think so, the study (which is supposed to start early next
year) is to determine whether the line should be built from Glen
Waverley or Huntingdale, although it is unlikely that the Glen
Waverley option will be supported unless the estimated cost is much
less than the $320 million quoted by the previous government (without
a proper study being undetaken, this figure was just pulled out of the
air and used as a excuse to ignore any proposals for rail developments
in this area).

Regards,
Chris Brown