Re: [Melb] More V/Line Services

Christopher_Martin GORDON (cmgord@ecr.mu.oz.au) won a Nobel Prize for literature by writing:
> * A service every 20 minutes in the morning peak between Geelong and
> Melbourne, instead of a 45 minute gap between services.

I would have expected half hourly.

> * A service practically every hour off-peak between Melbourne and
> Bendigo, instead of every two hours.
> (Practically? what does that mean, still every two hours?)

That means not exactly hourly as with the current Geelong service.

There are only a few gaps to fill. My guess is the 8.47, 11.10 and 13.10
Kyneton services will be extended to Bendigo.

> * A service every 40-50 minutes off-peak between Melbourne and
> Melton, plugging gaps of up to 90 minutes between services.

This probably means trains at 11.50, 13.15 and 14.50.

> * New services from Seymour to Melbourne at 5.15 pm and from
> Melbourne to Seymour at 3.30 pm filling a 2 hour gap between services.

I think there should also be a 19.33 down and 19.05 up every weekday.

Another one of my pet ideas is a 13.15 down and 18.00 up Shepparton. The
18.00 up Shepparton would use the path of the 19.05 up Seymour. Both
trains would hve the same limited express stopping pattern in both
directions.

Cheers
David