Re: New Cityrail logo?

Hubert Lam wrote in message <38d89e0b$0$18552@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>...
>"L7" has been around for as long as i remember...same with the State Rail
red/orange L7.

>Interestingly, when Tangaras were introduced, the "L7" and the
banner-stripes under bottom deck
>windows on it was actually red and yellow. Why would that be? One example
could be seen on D6110
>(attached to D6258-N5258-N5257)

The L7 was originally much larger and a less acute angle. It was displayed
in either two shades of blue or, if both L & 7 were the same colour, then
one (I think it was the bottom) was a series of lines.

When the candy colour scheme was introduced, the colours were changed to an
orange and yellow colour. It was eventually flattened out (angles made
sharper) to get the design that we have today.

When CityRail changed their colours to blue and yellow, the colours on the
L7 were changed accordingly.

L(ate)
7(days a week)

was (is) a common addition to the logo.